A little about me
Hello! I’m teacher Jo and I’m very happy to meet you. I was born in South Africa but grew up in Botswana. I moved back to South Africa after finishing school.
I have been teaching ESL for 3 years and taught in the classroom, first as teachers assistant, then as a qualified teacher for many years.I
am a passionate educator who loves teaching children new things. Seeing the moment when learners catch on to a new concept is what drives my love for teaching. I believe learning can be made fun and I enjoy learning as much from my students as they learn from me. My classroom is colourful and I enjoy using flashcards, drawings and toys to encourage students to relax and feel themselves.
In the summertime, my family and I enjoy camping, hiking and spending time at the beach; and in the wintertime, we spend our time playing in the snow, watching movies and playing board games.
I look forward to meeting you soon
- UNISA-Bachelors education degree
- Foundation phase teaching
- Master 140 hourTEFL certificate
- ICDL computer course
- Teaching with the brain in mind
- Sensory and Behavior Therapy workshop
- The Image of the Child -Workshop on The Reggio approach
- Dealing with obesity, digital/social media addiction and anxiety in children and Teenagers
- ESL teacher –OIKID 2018 –Present
Classroom teacher (grade 2 –7) Goldwater Preparatory (Port Elizabeth) 2015 -2020
- Pre –School teacher (ages 18 months –4 years)Starting blocks academy 2014 -2015
- Teacher assistant and tutor to various learners 2008 –2014